Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Advise on using PL Concrete adhesive

On Wednesday, July 5, 2017 at 11:50:58 AM UTC-4, Frank wrote:
On 7/4/2017 6:44 PM, Terry Frank wrote:
If I want to bond a board ( with Polyurethane adhesive) to a painted
concrete
block wall, do I first need to remove the paint from the concrete block
to get
proper bonding?

If the paint adheres well probably best to leave it on. Take a piece of
adhesive tape and put it on the paint and remove it. If it takes a
large chunk of paint with it, probably best to remove it first. Would
also depend on how much you need the board to adhere. If it is not
supporting a lot of weight, you may not need to be concerned.

Or better yet, try a test spot with the actual adhesive.