Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
The Real Bev[_2_] The Real Bev[_2_] is offline

Default Warning, don't pour

On 07/05/2017 07:45 AM, micky wrote:

2) I learned to not pour eveything into the gas tank and save some for
the carburetor. I'd guess between a quarter and an eighth of a cup,
maybe less. That always worked well.

We always did that. Never a fire.

I think I tried starter fluid
earlier, but maybe the car didn't run as long on starter fluid as it did
on gasoline.

Long ago we bought a motorhome that had been sitting for quite a while.
We drove it home slowly, but it didn't have enough power (marginal
fuel pump, maybe?) to make it up the "hill" out of the railroad
underpass. BUT by feeding starting fluid direct to the carb (engine is
right there between the front seats) we made it out.

--
Cheers, Bev
"I can't stand this proliferation of paperwork. It's useless to