Edwin Pawlowski

Default How to prime an oil furnace?

wrote in message
It's really getting cold and the Oil Heating Co. that supplies me says
they're backlogged and don't know when they'll get here. Meanwhile the
temp inside is 49 degs. My fish have died. My wife has fibromyalgia
and she is in al lot of pain because of the cold.

Odd thing is that the oil company has a contract and THEY let the
tanks go dry. When they eventually get here, do you think I should pay
them for the service charge? Thanks.

Start looking for a new oil company. They let you run out, they should
finish the job. Happened to me once and the guy delivering did not leave
until the heater was back up and running.

You have to open a bleed on the pump to get the air out. I've only ever
seen it done a couple of times so I don't know the specifics of your setup.
Before doing this, you will have to push the reset button as it will go out
when it does not fire.

No, you should not pay for a service charge for their error.
Ed