Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default My Son's Got The Woodworking Bug

On Tuesday, July 4, 2017 at 6:52:10 PM UTC-4, OFWW wrote:
On Wed, 28 Jun 2017 14:28:33 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

Every since we worked on Soap Box Derby cars together, my son has always been
into fixing stuff. Now he's into making stuff. He's 28, bought a house a couple
of years ago and has been buying tools as required.

Here's the project he just finished. He found plans for a Dog Crate End Table
and decided to modify the plans to make it into a Dog Crate Kitchen Island.
It's his first real start-from-scratch project.

I'm a proud papa!

http://i.imgur.com/BoNXlhB.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/QVZauct.jpg

It looks like the dog approves!

http://i.imgur.com/GGQ8pvH.jpg

Saw that and immediately saw it as a torture chamber for the dog.

Guess I have a sick mind.

Yes, I know that isn't the purpose, or is it?

Many dogs enjoy being in a crate...better than being left alone in a empty
house. Both of my brothers have dogs that will nap in their crates during
the day, even though they know that that there is where they will get locked
up when the master is away.

There are exceptions. I have one. ;-) He doesn't like his crate, but it's not
the crate. He just doesn't like being left alone, period.