Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default update Ryobi driver/accessory kits? Did they stop with the canvas rolls?

"DoN. Nichols" on 4 Jul 2017 23:04:55 GMT

This assumes that you have a sewing machine.

Yeah, that I think I might be able to find easier.

OTOH - again with they make them do everything and then some, and
all I want is a straight stitch.

I didn't suggest a *new* sewing machine. What I have is the
Singer 221 "Featherweight", which folds up to be quite small, and (by
itself) sews straight lines. There are accessories for various thing,
such as holding an edge folded twice for the stitching -- and even a
separate accessory which will do buttonholes. It happened to come with
mine from an antique dealer -- who normally sold antique clocks, but
happened to have this for sale after his wife passed on. I've used the
buttonhole attachment *once* -- to put red-lined buttonholes on the neck
button of a vampire cape. :-) The straight stitching I've used many
times. (And no, my wife does no sewing, so it is up to me. :-)

One of my regrets, was not grabbing Mom's sewing machine when she
passed on. A Singer, old as me, with cams for the fancy stitching.
--
pyotr filipivich

---