CBHvac

Default Condensate pump wiring

"Rick" wrote in message
To define my "freeze condition," meaning being away for a week during
possible 0 deg weather, and the heater is shut down because of a $50
condensate pump failure. Since it is on a concrete basement floor, I'd
rather that the furnace keep going, but again, I dont know how much
condensate it generates. The Aprilaire, I know uses lots of water.

Condensing units CAN generate alot more water than you think...

What is the opinion out there? Is it better to shut the furnace down to
avoid acidic condensate from a high efficiency gas furnace, or put up with
repairing burst pipes?

Profitts advice about dual pumps should be seriously considered.

By breaking the R line, I can shut down the furnace, humidifier, and AC
unit, but not just the humidifier and AC unit.

And if the pump fails, you WANT the furnace to shut down, unless you dont
mind the few possible gallons of water that the furnace could produce in a
week..
Altho, its better than a few thousand gallons of broken pipes.

BTW, relays fail about as often as the pump...so its a coin toss..

--
Rick

"CBHvac" wrote in message
Not sure about the freeze condition, but we all didnt tell him that you

dont
need 2 relays, but the freeze thing gets me...but...if he would simply

wire
that R line up, he would be hokey fine..

"Alan" wrote in message
On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 14:03:17 -0400, "Rick"
wrote:

I have a newer Rheem RGRA gas furnace with a Rheem A/C controlled by

Honeywell T8600D thermostat, and an Aprilaire 760A humidifier. I

would
like
to use the condensate pump's cutoff switch to shut down the A/C and

the
humdifier water supply, but not the furnace, to avoid a freeze

condition.
How can I wire the system to work? The alt.hvac guys were less than

helpful.
Thanks.

Maybe they weren't helpful because they didn't understand what you
want to do. I don't understand.