Rick

Default Condensate pump wiring

To define my "freeze condition," meaning being away for a week during
possible 0 deg weather, and the heater is shut down because of a $50
condensate pump failure. Since it is on a concrete basement floor, I'd
rather that the furnace keep going, but again, I dont know how much
condensate it generates. The Aprilaire, I know uses lots of water.

What is the opinion out there? Is it better to shut the furnace down to
avoid acidic condensate from a high efficiency gas furnace, or put up with
repairing burst pipes?
By breaking the R line, I can shut down the furnace, humidifier, and AC
unit, but not just the humidifier and AC unit.
--
Rick

"CBHvac" wrote in message
Not sure about the freeze condition, but we all didnt tell him that you

dont
need 2 relays, but the freeze thing gets me...but...if he would simply

wire
that R line up, he would be hokey fine..

"Alan" wrote in message
On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 14:03:17 -0400, "Rick"
wrote:

I have a newer Rheem RGRA gas furnace with a Rheem A/C controlled by a
Honeywell T8600D thermostat, and an Aprilaire 760A humidifier. I would

like
to use the condensate pump's cutoff switch to shut down the A/C and the
humdifier water supply, but not the furnace, to avoid a freeze

condition.
How can I wire the system to work? The alt.hvac guys were less than

helpful.
Thanks.

Maybe they weren't helpful because they didn't understand what you
want to do. I don't understand.