Posted to alt.home.repair
Sherlock.Homes[_3_] Sherlock.Homes[_3_] is offline

Default Central AC quit

"Stormin' Norman" wrote in message
On Mon, 3 Jul 2017 08:26:01 -0400, "Sherlock.Homes"
wrote:

Thanks to (almost) everyone who replied - it's in the hands of the HVAC

guy
now. SWMBO wants cold. And as Dirty Harry once said "A man's got to

know
his limitations."

I would not be surprised if one or more bad capacitors are found.

Nor I but I don't have a way to test them easily whereas an HVAC guy with a
truck probably has spares he can just swap test. Probably can meter it,
too. I figure it's always worth looking at stuff like this in case it's
something easy. It never hurts to learn the terminology. Three days ago I
didn't know about backfeeding and crankcase heaters on A/C's so it wasn't a
total loss mucking around but I suspect I will be charged the "you tried
doing it yourself first" fee. I'll just say "I took it apart to help you -
you owe me an pre-diagnosis assistance discount!" (-: