Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike46 Mike46 is offline

Default Alarm door contact on beveled UPVC

replying to AlanC, Mike46 wrote:
Hi I have just fitted a Yale Smart Home security system in my home, I had the
same problem with bevelled edge frames, here's how I solved it.
I got a length of 90° plastic profile 15mm x 25mm from the local hardware
shop, cut it into lengths to fit the magnets, 58mm in my case, stuck the
magnets to the these pieces with the double sided tape that was provided in
the sensor kit, then attached it over the bevelled edge of the frame with
double sided Scotch tape, as in the photos. Hope this helps.
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/9r
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/9s
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/9t