Posted to alt.home.repair
Sherlock.Homes[_3_] Sherlock.Homes[_3_] is offline

Default Central AC quit

Thanks to (almost) everyone who replied - it's in the hands of the HVAC guy
now. SWMBO wants cold. And as Dirty Harry once said "A man's got to know
his limitations."

"Dean Hoffman" wrote in message
news
On 7/2/17 3:16 PM, trader_4 wrote:
On Sunday, July 2, 2017 at 3:04:18 PM UTC-4, Dean Hoffman wrote:

One trick to test fuses is to check voltage from one end of the
fuse to the other.
It would be the same method as a continuity test. So I've been told
anyhow. Have you ever tried the end to end voltage test?

That works if the fuse is in a complete circuit, you'd get 0 V
if the fuse is good, full line voltage if it's open. But if
it's not a complete circuit, then you'd get zero either way.

That trick might be a bit more useful checking points in relays

or
contactors. I've always checked fuses by ohms or line to ground or
line to
line voltage.