Posted to uk.d-i-y
James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] is offline

Default BT Broadband - Hows much should I be paying?

On Mon, 03 Jul 2017 01:23:33 +0100, wrote:

On Sun, 2 Jul 2017 20:41:38 +0100, Bod wrote:

The normal 3 working days minimum for BT Openreach is too slow for
me, so I pay an extra £4.00/month to have faults repaired by the end
of the next day. Note: "next day" (as in 365 days/year) not "next
working day".

Hmm, that's very different to the stories I've heard about BT and
Openreach. I've been told by several people and also read many reports
that it's hard work to convince them to send an engineer

Not had that many problems but a couple of weeks ago the line both
voice and broadband started to play up. 3 properties drop wires come
from the pole in the hedge across the road and we are the middle one.

My wires are underground (1979 built). The houses over the road (2004 built) have wires on poles, which I thought was a backwards step. Are they more reliable?

--
A chicken crossing the road is poultry in motion.