Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default BT Broadband - Hows much should I be paying?

Bod wrote:

Out of interest I just did the *Speed of me* test on my mobile phone
..... 82Mbps down and 32 up (4G signal).
that's in the same ball park as all of the other speed testers that I use.

Were you using wifi or wired on your computer for the first test?

I find that wifi gives a reliably low overall speed, with short term
peaks that "burst" above the end-result, whereas wired generally shows a
speed throughout that test that rises asymptotically to the end-result.

In part this seems related to CPU overload in my router when handling
VDSL and wifi traffic, which doesn't occur when handling VDSL and
ethernet traffic..