Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Tires....help needed on choices

On Sun, 2 Jul 2017 21:22:28 -0400, Tom Gardner wrote:

On 7/2/2017 4:35 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:
Dan
I would NOT use retreads in the heat of California. The BEST tire for
the truck would be a Miclelin - but they would be worth as much as the
truck new. If you can buy "take offs" from someone upgrading a new
truck would be your best deal.Nokians (from Finland) are excellent
tires too - you might do OK with high end Hankooks. See a lot of them
on trucks lately - they used to be known for being very good at
putting "corners" on round tires, but seem to have improved.

Thanks!!!

I have a Club Wagon and put the best Michelin LT tires on, absolutely
no regrets and they will be the last tires on it I bet. I researched
long and hard and my second pick was Continental for price and performance.

---
http://www.avg.com

Thanks Tom! Ill check into em.

---