Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Tires....help needed on choices

On Sunday, July 2, 2017 at 9:17:15 AM UTC-4, Clare wrote:
On Sun, 2 Jul 2017 05:27:50 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Sunday, July 2, 2017 at 2:05:46 AM UTC-4, Gunner Asch wrote:
They are
sized LT 225/R75/16, 10 ply, load range E

Thanks!

Gunner

I would check out the Bangag website. Lots of truckers use tires that have been retreaded. Don't know if retreads are available in your size.

I use to use retreads on my cor, but that was a long time ago.

Dan

I would NOT use retreads in the heat of California. The BEST tire for
the truck would be a Miclelin - but they would be worth as much as the
truck new.

I think that retreads are only available in truck sizes. Not sure about that. But in any case you are in luck. Michelin retreads tires in your size. Bandag probably also makes retreads in your size, but their web site is not intuitive to me.

Michelin web sites says they operate 77 retread plants so you should be able to find some near you. I expect Michelin retreads and Bandag retreads are as good as any tires as far as heat goes.

Dan