Posted to uk.d-i-y
James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] is offline

Default BT Broadband - Hows much should I be paying?

On Mon, 03 Jul 2017 00:56:19 +0100, Dave Liquorice wrote:

On Sun, 2 Jul 2017 20:45:45 +0100, Bod wrote:

A lot of modems tend to play up over 4 to 5 years, especially the cheap
bog standard crappy ones that ISPs give you.

Shhh, don't let my roughly ten year old (probably older) modems hear
that... BT Voyager 240 (flogged off customer return in Staples) or
Zyxel P660R-61C (ISP supplied).

I've never actually known a modem or router fail, apart from one that got struck by lightning. Why would they break? There's no moving parts and they don't run hot enough to melt anything due to fan failure. Like CPUs, they live forever.

--
When I got home last night, my wife demanded that I take her somewhere expensive... So, I took her to a petrol station...
And then the fight started...