Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default BT Broadband - Hows much should I be paying?

On 2 Jul 2017 19:44:58 GMT, Huge wrote:

7 days for an engineer? I think your definition of "good service"

is
some what different to mine.

The normal 3 working days minimum for BT Openreach is too slow

for
me, so I pay an extra £4.00/month to have faults repaired by the

end
of the next day. Note: "next day" (as in 365 days/year) not "next
working day".

Hmm, that's very different to the stories I've heard about BT and
Openreach. I've been told by several people and also read many

reports
that it's hard work to convince them to send an engineer and they

often
miss appointments without even telling you.

The last time I reported a fault, the Openreach engineer reached me
within 45 minutes. I have the same deal as Dave.

I've had faults fixed quicker than that but only by finding the
engineer fiddling in a joint post and saying "oy, my lines gone
off...".

With our deal they do jump though, perhaps too keen, they sent an
"out of area" engineer once, he didn't have the local knowledge (ali
cable, no spare working pairs) so he couldn't fix the fault by simple
pair swapping. Handed the open fault back and Openreach then pulled a
"local" engineer off another job over in Stockton 40 odd miles away.
He fixed it within 15 minutes of knocking on the door...

--
Cheers
Dave.