Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default BT Broadband - Hows much should I be paying?

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 02 Jul 2017 20:23:38 +0100, Bod wrote:

On Sat, 01 Jul 2017 16:41:12 +0100, Bod wrote:

In article ,
RJH wrote:
I pay about £50/month with BT at the moment for their c.100Mb.

I'm in the process of changing and think I'll go for Talktalk's
£31.50
month c.75Mb - it's not quite the cheapest but it does come with what
looks to be a half decent mobile deal (200 mins/500MB). And I've
more or
less given up the will to keep comparing.

I sincerely hope TalkTalk have improved their service. I ended up with
them by default after several ISP takeovers. And they were the pits.
Regular outages. And days to get them fixed as in their opinion it was
always 'my' end. And even worse comms.

BT has been OK since changing to it. Some years ago. Not perfect - but
don't even expect that these days.

I've been on Talk Talk for years and not had any problems.

Try phoning their customer service. Every single one is not speaking
English ok?

I avoided phoning them for the very reason you mention.
I just emailed them with my problems, which was 2 dodgey modems. They
sent replacements within 3 to 4 days.

And for someone who has no other method of emailing?

They get to wear the downside of being stupid
enough to only have one method of emailing.

ps; just remembered another problem years ago which was no broadband.
They sent an engineer out in about 7 days and he fixed my connection in
an underground terminal box which happened to be in a neighbour's front
garden across the road. Some sort of poor connection.
So I call that a good service.

I call that absolutely ****ing appalling service. I get it fixed in 48
hours, or I get a free month's subscription.