Posted to uk.d-i-y
James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] is offline

Default BT Broadband - Hows much should I be paying?

On Sun, 02 Jul 2017 21:27:30 +0100, Bob Eager wrote:

On Sun, 02 Jul 2017 20:33:19 +0100, Dave Liquorice wrote:

On Sun, 2 Jul 2017 20:23:38 +0100, Bod wrote:

ps; just remembered another problem years ago which was no broadband..
They sent an engineer out in about 7 days and he fixed my connection in
an underground terminal box which happened to be in a neighbour's front
garden across the road. Some sort of poor connection.
So I call that a good service.

7 days for an engineer? I think your definition of "good service" is
some what different to mine.

The normal 3 working days minimum for BT Openreach is too slow for me,
so I pay an extra £4.00/month to have faults repaired by the end of the
next day. Note: "next day" (as in 365 days/year) not "next working day".

Me too. 7 days????

I've had two separate problems, at different times. Both were an end of
the drop wire (pole first time, house end the second). In both cases I
called during the evening. On one occasion the OR guy came within half an
hour, went up the pole and fixed it. On the other one (later in the
evening) he arrived at 0800 next day and replaced the termination box.

I've had a BT engineer curse the previous one for "fitting the waterproof cover the wrong way up so it filled with water".

--
You are the only person I know that has ever had a brain tumour removed from their arse.