Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dennis@home Dennis@home is offline

Default Grenfell and gas pipes.

On 02/07/2017 10:11, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 10:59:11 on Fri, 30 Jun
2017, "Dave Plowman (News)" remarked:

A picture has re-surfaced, that was posted online right after the fire -
showing a boiler apparently just inside a flat's front door. And loads
of copper *hot water* pipes. Also another picture showing what are
claimed to be cast iron pipes taking gas into individual flats from the
communal areas.

This is what I don't understand. One resident interviewed early on
mentioned the work done in her flat not being anywhere near the standard
of the show flat - and specifically saying her boiler had just been
thrown
in. Ie very untidily installed. But then no mention of individual boilers
on the K&C site. Just of a new communal system.

The plot thickens. Today it is reported that tenants of neighbouring
properties are having their rent suspended because they don't have hot
water, the central plant having been destroyed in the Grenfell fire.

The plot will continue to thicken..

however it is quite easy to see that the cladding destroyed the building

*but*

the poor design/maintenance of the core killed the people.

The enquiry may say so if and when it reports.
As I see it the enquiry is just an exercise in avoiding the truth.