Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Tires....help needed on choices

On Sun, 2 Jul 2017 05:27:50 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Sunday, July 2, 2017 at 2:05:46 AM UTC-4, Gunner Asch wrote:
They are
sized LT 225/R75/16, 10 ply, load range E

Thanks!

Gunner

I would check out the Bangag website. Lots of truckers use tires that have been retreaded. Don't know if retreads are available in your size.

I use to use retreads on my cor, but that was a long time ago.

Dan

I would NOT use retreads in the heat of California. The BEST tire for
the truck would be a Miclelin - but they would be worth as much as the
truck new. If you can buy "take offs" from someone upgrading a new
truck would be your best deal.Nokians (from Finland) are excellent
tires too - you might do OK with high end Hankooks. See a lot of them
on trucks lately - they used to be known for being very good at
putting "corners" on round tires, but seem to have improved.