Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default AC unit running

On Sunday, July 2, 2017 at 5:01:39 AM UTC-4, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Saturday, July 1, 2017 at 10:14:08 PM UTC-5, LW1717 wrote:
I have a 1250 sq ft two story house, the upstairs is not cooling down like the
downstairs. It's 82f outside with 60% humidity, tstat set to 73 and my unit
runs 21 mins and off 10 min. Wondering if my cycle time is ok and how can I
get the upstairs cooler, it stays around 78.

Thanks LW1717
--

Consider installing one or more "Duct Fans" in the ductwork supplying conditioned air to your second story. This will move cooler air from the first floor to the second floor continuously thus helping to equalize the temperature of the house. There are several types. Inline for round duct, the squirrel cage variety that in installed in a rectangular cutout in the side of a duct then the type that slips into the register cutout and plugs into an electrical outlet. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

https://www.houselogic.com/organize-.../booster-fans/

http://www.single-family-home-remode.../duct-fan.html

http://www.hvacquick.com/products/re...r-Booster-Fans

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Inductor-...B208/100080191

[8~{} Uncle Duct Monster

I installed one of the squirrel cage style ones in a duct supplying upstairs and it made no difference. I measured the flow before and after and no difference in cooling either.