Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Save me from Ikea cr*p

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 01 Jul 2017 17:12:54 +0100, Huge

On 2017-07-01, Steve Walker wrote:

[32 lines snipped]

Funny how almost every road car is FWD. RWD is for doing silly stunts.
FWD is easier to control.

... for dickheads like you.

You're the dickhead if you learned a skill only required on badly designed
cars.

Road cars are mainly FWD for two reasons as far as I know.

1) The transverse engine and gearbox, plus lack of a propshaft allows
for a far smaller tunnel and hence more cabin space in the same size
car.

2) FWD tends to retain grip when a RWD car might have let go.

3) (and far and away the biggest reason); They're cheaper to build.

Really? I thought the mechanics of driving and steering the same wheels
was expensive.

Certainly to get a decent life with a FWD,