Bryant

Default Installing New Tub Spout

"Joe Bobst" wrote in message
Is there a 1/2 inch tap made to add another thread or two to the

spout
(there is room inside the spout to do this)?
that would make it futher off the wall.

Woudn't that have the opposite effect? Seems to me that adding couple of
threads or less either pipe or spout would permit the correct positioning

and
bring it closer to the wall. Places like Ace Hardware will have the needed

1/2"
NPT tap to do the job. HTH

Joe

the pipe sticking out of the wall is not threaded all the way.
the spout will only thread on to the end of the pipe thread.
I would think by adding more threads would not matter (not that I am a
plumber)

teflon tape wrapped around the threads would be the OP's best bet.
(having run into this problem in the past myself)

if there is a better solution ..............I am all ears or is that all
eyes?