Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster

Default Save me from Ikea cr*p

On Fri, 30 Jun 2017 22:34:08 +0100, wrote:

On Friday, 30 June 2017 22:22:31 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Fri, 30 Jun 2017 22:16:26 +0100, tabbypurr wrote:
On Friday, 30 June 2017 22:09:08 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Fri, 30 Jun 2017 09:34:12 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Just how a car handles is down to a lot more than just which end is driven.

I've had many many cars in my life, and all the FWD ones are way easier to control. If you go a bit too fast round a corner, the FWD ones self correct. The RWD ones go more and more out of control until you either spin round or collide with something.

Someone hasn't learnt how to correct errant car handling. Hint: all cars mis-handle when pushed too far. Without a single solitary exception. Ever.

But the FWD ones are very easy to correct. It's done without even thinking about it. Why deliberately make a car you have to learn how to handle?

ALL cars one needs to learn how to handle. If you haven't you're a hazard to yourself.

Bull****. A FWD car that's starting to slide going round a corner too fast, you instinctively do less of what you were doing (braking, accelerating, etc). RWD requires more thought.

Reminds me of the wallies that stick some old tech trailer on the back of their car then swing it round bends like it's something modern. Darwin is hovering, but they're oblivious to their own death nearby.

I borrow my neighbour's old trailer sometimes. I never bother with the lights, mainly because my last car had a faulty tow socket, which for some reason the garage passed the MOT without fixing it many times. One day I stopped at the side of the road to pop into the post office. A nosey woman came up to me and said "You didn't indicate!" I said "I did!" She said "Your trailer didn't!" I said "It's not my trailer!" She got confused and walked off. Wrong reg plate on it anyway, so she probably reported my neighbour :-)

--
Keyboard error - press any key to continue...