Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Save me from Ikea cr*p

On Friday, 30 June 2017 22:09:08 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Fri, 30 Jun 2017 09:34:12 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
charles wrote:
Funny how almost every road car is FWD. RWD is for doing silly
stunts. FWD is easier to control.

until the Mini (real one) turned up, every car was RWD.

Herdly. Citroen made FWD cars in the UK long before the Mini.
Alvis made a FWD in the UK in the 1930s. And of course others word wide.

Just how a car handles is down to a lot more than just which end is driven.

I've had many many cars in my life, and all the FWD ones are way easier to control. If you go a bit too fast round a corner, the FWD ones self correct. The RWD ones go more and more out of control until you either spin round or collide with something.

Someone hasn't learnt how to correct errant car handling. Hint: all cars mis-handle when pushed too far. Without a single solitary exception. Ever.

NT