Posted to sci.electronics.repair
John-Del[_2_] John-Del[_2_] is offline

Default [Q] dimmer switch for halogen floor lamp

On Thursday, June 29, 2017 at 8:55:23 PM UTC-4, Phil Allison wrote:
John-Del is Deranged:

** You have never shown me to be actually wrong.

We don't need to go to far, you're wrong on this thread.

** No one tiny bit.

OTOH you have ignored many photos that prove you wrong beyond any doubt.

Those photos only prove you don't know what you're looking at. Those filaments have not nearly enough support to render those halogen lamps as sturdy as standard incandescents. Filaments that run that hot need more support per given length.

General Electric says this:

"Unlike incandescent rough service or vibration service lamps, Halogen and HIR lamps are not equipped with filament supports because they would result in the de-rating of the life and lumens, and thusly defeat the purpose of providing extremely long life, energy savings and high lumen output. These features differentiate Halogen and HIR lamps from similar incandescent counterparts."

Phallus'n says this: I'm right and if you don't agree with me you're an autistic deranged ****wit who should kill himself!!!

Are you that delusional where you think anybody reading this NG would possibly agree with you Phil?

I would suggest you take that toaster you're rebuilding and modifying and take it in the bathtub with you (plugged in), but since your trailer is so roach infested I doubt you even know what a bathtub is.