Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Sjouke Burry[_2_] Sjouke Burry[_2_] is offline

Default Old Tube TV Keeps Changing Channel to Channel 2: Hitachi CT-1955NP85XA Chassis / 19" Color-1984 Purchase

On 29-6-2017 23:02, wrote:
Back in February or March of 2010 the TV began changing from any channel to channel 2 intermittently. Sometimes very frequent. Other times more intermittent but it would not go more than a few hours without the problem popping up. Replaced IC0102 (MN14834HH) Main IC for the Channel Selection Ckt but no help. Remote control IR circuit not the problem as I disabled it. Over time have replaced some bad unrelated hw (burnt resistor, Caps). Have schematics and service manual but can't isolate the problem. Nice picture and everything else works fine. Unit in storage but every 4 months or so, when I see it and think about it, I fire it up. Hate to trash this old tv. Kind of part of the family now. Has anyone ever heard of this before?

Spurious interference from modern light source?
Some cheap ones produce a lot of garbage besides light.