Posted to alt.home.repair
James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] is offline

Default Another London attack from religious nutcases

On Thu, 29 Jun 2017 20:04:41 +0100, Uncle Monster wrote:

On Thursday, June 29, 2017 at 12:50:54 PM UTC-5, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Thu, 29 Jun 2017 10:36:57 +0100, Uncle Monster wrote:

On Wednesday, June 28, 2017 at 3:30:26 PM UTC-5, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Sun, 11 Jun 2017 05:26:14 +0100, Uncle Monster wrote:

On Saturday, June 10, 2017 at 11:07:16 PM UTC-5, Bod wrote:
I don't carry one because of bother of getting the permit but feel safer
when I know a responsible person near me is carrying. I live in DE but
range is in nearby PA where carry permit is easy to get.. All the PA
guys are packing.

And if a responsible person is overpowered/taken by surprise by a felon
and his gun taken?

And if a cop is taken by surprise by a felon? Yeah, I know, you give the
peelers a bonnet and baton and hope for the best.

If nobody has guns, nobody has an advantage.
--
What if your attacker outweighs you by 45 kg and is 10 cm taller? Plus what if the ****** really, really means to rip your throat out and eat your face? What are you gonna do? Perhaps you could get Trator_4 to call him a racist and he would go away with his feelings hurt? ヽ(ヅ)ノ

I'd be worried he'd steal my gun and shoot me with it. Unless a gun is programmed to only work using your own fingerprints, it's not safe.
--
You don't let the thug get close enough before shooting him in the groin. When he bends down in pain and reaches for his mangled testicles, you shoot him in the head. Self defense with a firearm is easy if you have training and practice at a gun range. ( -_・) ︻デ一

[8~{} Uncle Armed Monster

If I surprised you by walkng up behind you and stuck a loaded gun into
your back by surprise, how would carrying a gun help you. Unless you
had your gun in your hand and ready cocked with the safety catch off all
of the time?
Your gun would be as useless as a rubber duck in yer pocket.
I'd bet a lot of muggings in the US happen that way.

Good grief! People who carry a firearm on their person and have any training have a tendency to be aware of their surroundings. Situational awareness is a survival tactic practiced by those who have any sense.. When out in public, you keep your head on a swivel and no one can walk up behind you. It's also a good idea to know what the hell kind of area you're traveling through.¯\_(ツ)_/¯

[8~{} Uncle Aware Monster

You don't need a gun to be aware of your surroundings. Someone once thought they'd be funny and snuck up behind me. I was stood facing a glass doored vending machine and saw his reflection. I spun round and engaged him in a headlock, which amused everyone else in the room.
--
So you walk around in public with a mirror so no one can sneak up behind you then? ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Reflective Monster

I've got ears.
--

Yea, my English cousins do have huge ears. An Englishman was the model for Dumbo The Elephant. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Noisy Monster

People with big ears are sexy.

--
I've never had a problem with drugs,
I've had problems with the police. - Keith Richards