Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Things Have Changed Things Have Changed is offline

Default Pinging Gunner.... When does the Great Cull start?

On Wed, 28 Jun 2017 20:54:16 -0700, wrote:

On Wed, 28 Jun 2017 19:58:50 -0700, Steve Newman
wrote:

On 6/28/2017 5:48 PM, Things Have Changed wrote:
On Thu, 29 Jun 2017 07:25:07 +0700,
wrote:

On Wed, 28 Jun 2017 07:12:49 -0700, Things Have Changed
wrote:

On Wed, 28 Jun 2017 13:19:05 +0700,

wrote:

On Tue, 27 Jun 2017 19:50:40 -0700, Steve Newman
wrote:

On 6/27/2017 7:39 PM,
wrote:
On Tue, 27 Jun 2017 18:24:40 -0700, Steve Newman
wrote:

One of the problems of living in a fantasy world is that one can
imagine one's self in any manner. A big strong ex army hero riding a
motorcycle at 260 mph down a dirt road

No, no - he claimed it was _264_ mph, on a public highway. Even at that
(public highway), the claim is still nonsense. I have driven on all the
highways in that area, and there simply isn't one on which the condition
of the road surface would permit that.

(big grin) You pay more attention to his fantasies then I do :-) but
I think I recall that his buddy came over with this super motorcycle
that he had built - apparently to run on the salt flats - and let
Goober take it for a ride.

If you read MC discussion, you'll never see anybody asking how to
disinfect their seats, or dissolve sticky goo on their grips. That's
because no biker would let derelict Wieber on their ride.

I'm a long time rider and I've never seen a word from Wieber that
would convince me he has any motorcycle experience at all. It's quite
possible that his entire history with motorcycles is yapping about his
"leathers" and hoarding some old junk he got for peanuts, which will
continue to rot in his yard. Until he's evicted, at which point the
junk will go to the scrapper with everything else. He recently BSed
that he'd ridden as recently as 2009, but as expected, couldn't
produce any registration, something that would only take a few minutes
to prove his story if it were true.

Well, he has been claiming ownership of a inoperative Royal Enfield
motorcycle for some years now. I do believe that, although years ago I
owned and rode a Royal Enfield 350 cc that mechanically was one of the
simplest motorcycles I had seen. The fact that he can't yet fix
whatever was wrong doesn't say much for a mechanically genius who owns
his very own engineering company.

Even if somebody fixed it for him, for free, it would still be yard
bound for lack of insurance and registration, same as Hotel Econoline.

"Hotel Econoline" - one of the most felicitous ever to be turned in
rec.crafts.metalworking. I chuckle every time I read it.

Me too. I wish I'd coined it. Best I could do is Sheraton Caravan,
(for his Dodge Caravan work "truck") which doesn't have quite the same
bite.