Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_24_] Frank[_24_] is offline

Default Phones out!

On 6/28/2017 2:38 PM, Oren wrote:
On Wed, 28 Jun 2017 13:06:23 -0400, Frank "frank wrote:

When ever I called the phone company first thing they would tell me is
to directly plug a phone into the box.

The demarcation box hanging on the exterior wall ...

Back when I had old copper lines one phone or the other would fill with
static or go out. Of course the phone company would tell me to check
that box first because if they came out and it was in the house I would
have to pay for it. The line could be broken at a different junction
box. They switched both lines to optical cable and I still maintained
one as my business line but switched other to VoIP as part of my cable
package. It was funny because I had to tell the tech how to tie into
existing house lines.

What is frustrating about the phone company is that they could send
signal to line to check it rather than me have to run outside.
Generally low level workers with phone or cable are idiots.