dkarnes

Default Ventless Gas Fireplaces.

JNJ wrote:

Ok, I give. The byproducts of burning natural gas include carbon monoxide,
PCBs, particulates, and so forth. Yet, we have these nifty gas fireplaces
that have no vents. As the stores that sell them will quickly tell you --
no vents are needed, there's no exhaust.

Huh? It's a simple reaction -- the byproducts must go somewhere. So what's
the deal with these things? Are they just that efficient? Is the exhaust
just so minute that it's not worth noticing? How do these things work?

James

just my opinion, go with a direct vent. i would not have vent free.