Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Prehung door doesn't close properly

On Wed, 28 Jun 2017 10:04:39 -0700, Oren wrote:

On Tue, 27 Jun 2017 21:01:36 -0400, wrote:

Oren - you need to learn there is more than one right way. The use of
low expoanding foam is/was actually MANDATED by several major door and
window manufacturers - not New Jersey handymen.

Is your hair on fire? What I said in this thread is that I don't use
expanding foam, but use foam rope instead. Show me the "MANDATE" you
speak of "by several major door and window manufacturers".

Clarence- "you need to learn" the difference between a professional
window and door installer contractor from a hack job by a handyman.
The OP has problems because of the foam, and not one single mention
of how the RO was cut, what tools were used, if the RO is square,
walls are plumb, if the foam racked or twisted the door jamb frame.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it (LMAO). Meanie gave a possible
solution.

I worked for two of the best window and door sales and installation
companies in southwestern Ontario - so I'm not getting minformation
from handyman hacks. It's been over 16 years now so I don't have any
of the installation instructions left - but when I installed all the
EuroVinyl (Rehau) windows in my house the instructions specified
exactlay what low expanding foam brands were acceptable.

I have no quarrel with it being a "hack job" that caused the OP's
problem - but I'll stand behind my statement that "low expanding" foam
IS a good way of installing.sealing window and door installations.

see
http://greatstuff.dow.com/product/window-and-door.htm
and http://www.touch-n-foam.com/no-warp.html
for two