Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Prehung door doesn't close properly

On Tue, 27 Jun 2017 21:01:36 -0400, wrote:

Oren - you need to learn there is more than one right way. The use of
low expoanding foam is/was actually MANDATED by several major door and
window manufacturers - not New Jersey handymen.

Is your hair on fire? What I said in this thread is that I don't use
expanding foam, but use foam rope instead. Show me the "MANDATE" you
speak of "by several major door and window manufacturers".

Clarence- "you need to learn" the difference between a professional
window and door installer contractor from a hack job by a handyman.
The OP has problems because of the foam, and not one single mention
of how the RO was cut, what tools were used, if the RO is square,
walls are plumb, if the foam racked or twisted the door jamb frame.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it (LMAO). Meanie gave a possible
solution.