Posted to alt.home.repair

Default basement floor

On Tue, 27 Jun 2017 12:39:44 -0700 (PDT), leza wang
wrote:

You might be better off, save yourself a lot of work and aggravation
and save money by putting down a decent indoor / outdoor carpet,
installed right over the existing adhesive.

What will you be using the basement for? Laundry, workshop and storage
or will it be a living area?

It is not strong sticky, but when you walk bare feet you feel it a bit. I really prefer not to add anything (carpet, hardwood, tile) I like it that way, so painting it would be great idea, for cleaning and for looking good too. I should not care about the smell as you said. I think I will try the Thinner. Thank you.

MAKE SURE ALL sources of ignition are eliminated. Shut off ALL
standing pilot lights, and do not operate any switches. Make sure
there are NO static sparks, and do not let 2 hard items colide,
causing a spark Also make sure the basement is well ventilated, with
fans blowing air IN to force fumes out.
Failure to follow these important safety steps COULD blow you, your
house, and the houses of your neighbours to kingdom come.