Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default basement floor

On 6/27/2017 3:39 PM, leza wang wrote:

You might be better off, save yourself a lot of work and aggravation
and save money by putting down a decent indoor / outdoor carpet,
installed right over the existing adhesive.

What will you be using the basement for? Laundry, workshop and storage
or will it be a living area?

It is not strong sticky, but when you walk bare feet you feel it a bit. I really prefer not to add anything (carpet, hardwood, tile) I like it that way, so painting it would be great idea, for cleaning and for looking good too. I should not care about the smell as you said. I think I will try the Thinner. Thank you.

Be very careful. The fumes can easily cause an explosion or fire. This
is especially important if you have gas with pilot lights.