Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default basement floor

On Tue, 27 Jun 2017 11:09:10 -0700 (PDT), leza wang
wrote:

Thank you all. I will consider Drylock but before that I want to ask you a question. How to clean the floor before I paint it. It is sticky now because of the sticky vinyl tiles I just remove. I was thinking to clean it with pain Thinner, but I think the smell will be bad. Any idea how to clean it please?
Thank you

There are a few product varieties for cleaning / etching the concrete.
Sulfamic Acid tile and grout cleaner is a mild acid. There is another
that is milder acid. Citric based product used by BEHR floor coating.
Anhydrous crystals.

Follow directions. Look in Home Depot for the epoxy floor sealer but
you really do need to find and fix the source of water intrusion.

Always put acid in water, not the reverse.