Posted to alt.home.repair
Stormin' Norman Stormin' Norman is offline

Default basement floor

On Tue, 27 Jun 2017 11:09:10 -0700 (PDT), leza wang
wrote:

Two coats of drylock on the slab floor and cinder block walls may not keep out water that is under pressure, but it will reduce the humidity that seeps through everyday.

Thank you all. I will consider Drylock but before that I want to ask you a question. How to clean the floor before I paint it. It is sticky now because of the sticky vinyl tiles I just remove. I was thinking to clean it with pain Thinner, but I think the smell will be bad. Any idea how to clean it please?
Thank you

Leza,

There are any number of commercial adhesive removal products which you
can buy. I would look on Amazon and in Home Depot. None of these
products are effortless and I have never found one that worked very
well without significant odor.

You might be better off, save yourself a lot of work and aggravation
and save money by putting down a decent indoor / outdoor carpet,
installed right over the existing adhesive.

What will you be using the basement for? Laundry, workshop and storage
or will it be a living area?