Ted

Default Roofing Question about water getting under Shingled Roof?

"Bob" wrote in message
Ted wrote:
A drip edge sounds more like it and the shingles overhang one inch.
The flashing was basically a sheet of copper 6 inches wide, bent at a
ninety degree angle with a ~10 degree flair to deflect water on one
side. If I remember correctly, 30lb felt was used for underlayment and
the drip edge was applied on top of it. Is it possible for water to be
blown into the space between a drip edge and shingles?

Possible that the starter strips that are installed before the first
course of shingles are aligned with the first course? The first course
of shingles should be offset from the starter so the seams are not lined
up. Also, up here in the cold area, we put the water/ice shield over
the drip edge. Before water/ice guard came out, we installed the felt
after the drip edge on the eave edge, and after the felt up the rake
edge.

With a one inch overhang of shingles, I would doubt it would blow in,
but anything is possible.