View Single Post
  #25   Report Post  
Posted to alt.home.repair
external usenet poster

Default Plat Coordinates "(Typical)"?

On Mon, 26 Jun 2017 08:48:26 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On Sunday, June 25, 2017 at 9:30:18 PM UTC-5, trader_4 wrote:
IDK, the typical is in the middle of it, so who knows. But I can tell you that IMO, the slip and fall is just a lawyer yapping away, blowing up something to create a lot of trouble. The HOA has insurance in case someone slips on the common areas, yes? If someone's patio extends 2 ft into the common area and someone slips and decides to go after the hoa because they manage to figure out the patio extends where it should not, the hoa insurance company will defend or pay the claim and if they think the condo owner should pay some or all of it, they will go after them and their insurance.

If some of those patios greatly exceed what they should be and you can prove that they were done after original construction and the board wants to pursue it, that's another story. And probably plenty of money for that lawyer too. But the slip and fall stuff, call me very skeptical.

The HOA has insurance. Each condo unit is required to have insurance. Else I hear you. I should clarify that some of the board members started asking questions about certain patios and insisted the attorney be consulted. I am hopeful the HOA attorney will recognize naivete and busybody-ness when she sees it. So far the HOA attorney has not seemed to be looking to take advantage of the HOA. She has even said things like, "Sure, I could do this, but it will cost you a fortune. Send your own letter to the offending member, saying roughly this... " and so on.

I imagine that she know that if these have been here a while the HOA
might be inundated with adverse possession actions. Depending on state
law, you can lose ownership of a piece of dirt if you consciously
ignore a squatter.