#22   Report Post  
Posted to alt.home.repair
external usenet poster

Default Plat Coordinates "(Typical)"?

On Monday, June 26, 2017 at 12:24:05 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Monday, June 26, 2017 at 10:59:15 AM UTC-5, trader_4 wrote:
On Monday, June 26, 2017 at 11:42:49 AM UTC-4, wrote:
Here is the response from the surveyor:

The "(typical)" notation applies only to the lines-of-sight. By "(typical)" the surveyor is conveying that all wall lines and patio lines in and around the building comport with the given lines of sight. In other words, the plat shows a building, all the building's condo units, the units' patios, and two metes. The two metes are perpendicular to each other. The "(typical)" notation means the lines-of-sight apply to all the wall lines, and all the patio lines, in and around the building.

The surveyor said the "(typical)" notation has absolutely nothing to do with the distances.

I'm still not sure what that means. What line of sight does it mean?
Does it mean that they didn't survey the patios exact location,
but they didn't notice that they were out of whack from where they
are supposed to be based on sight?

Each building has 8 different condo units. The plat shows the boundaries of each unit and the boundaries of each patio. The plat also gives the direction each boundary faces. The plat does the latter by printing out two directions. For example, for one of the buildings, the following is printed exactly once alongside two perpendicular boundaries of the building:

N 15 degrees E [shown along one boundary]

N 75 degrees W [shown along a second boundary, drawn perpendicular to the first boundary]

The plat does not explicitly print these directions out for each condo unit in the building. Instead, the plat shows the two directions at one spot on the building's schematic and notes "(typical)." The "(typical)" means that all the boundaries for this building are oriented per the two directions given.

I probably cannot explain this any better without uploading the Plat. I hope it helps.

K, that helped a lot. I get it now.

So, inquiring minds want to know. How many patios are oversized, by how
much and does the board have any idea how they got to be that way?