Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default cutting 1/2" thick aluminum bars on a budget?

On 6/26/2017 8:17 AM, JBL wrote:
I suspected the band saw might be a bit problematic for the long angled
cuts I needed unless I added a fence maybe... I'm just going to go with
the carbide blade the others mentioned, go much more slowly and add
small amounts of cutting depth at a time using the table saw. I managed
to find a cheap Craig's List replacement over the weekend. ...

Good choice.

Here's a tip when you're cutting bevels on a table saw: when you're
cutting the second bevel and the 1st one is against the fence, don't
have the "point" of the bevel down. It can slip under the fence and
even just a little slip can ruin the cut and/or jam the work against the
blade.

Having the point up may mean that the fence has to go on the other side
of the blade, but that shouldn't be a problem.