Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default More Brexit News which won't be appearing on this NG at least.

On Friday, 23 June 2017 14:19:36 UTC+1, dennis@home wrote:
In article ,
Steve Walker wrote:
We were the country which flounced out of the EU without checking on what
it might cost first. If the EU can calculate any monies owed after we
leave, so can we and query them if inaccurate.

There will be some things that we should pay our part of, but probably
only a small fraction of what they are currently demanding.

Of course it will be subject to negotiation. No point in having talks is
nothing can be changed.

Of course the other side is we have a percentage interest in every EU
funded project built since we joined - airports, railways, roads,
buildings - we can also calulate that.

Which means the EU would also partially own any projects in the UK which
they funded or part funded - of which there are many.

Maybe Steve doesn't know that many of the projects are ongoing and that
the UK agreed to them. So we would have to continue paying for them
until the end of the contract.

That would depend on what is stated oin the contract and would also apply to contracts in the UK so the EU would also have to homour contracts it's not just a one way thing.

Maybe the divorce payment is to end the contracts early?

That could be the general idea but maybe such contracts won't need to be cancelled as that would depend on the contributers.