Nate Weber

Default filling radiator boiler

"Bob Lang" wrote in message
Nate Weber wrote:
Thanks for the reply, Nate. I follow you up to here. What is the
fast fill lever? Is that the lever on top of my pressure
regulator in the supply line? (Is that why it took so long to
fill the first time?) Also, when you say, 'open a vent,' what
vent do you mean?

BTW, I will have to be filling it up again (don't ask :-) , so if
I do have a fast fill lever, that will come in handy.

Thanks again for the reply.
-Bob

That lever is your fast fill valve. Straight up enables it. You must lower
it when filling is complete or it will over pressure the system. As for the
vent, you should have a drain valve on your piping manifolds with hose
threads on it. Basically you want to purge every part of the system
separately if its completely drained. Start by closing the valves on each
zone, then open your supply and return manifold vents, fill the boiler until
water comes out of these valves then close them up. Each zone should have a
purge valve on the return side. Hook your hose up to one, open it then open
the supply valve for that zone, purge until water comes from the hose, close
the vent then open the zone return valve. Repeat for other zones. If you
only drain one zone you do not need to purge the entire system, only that
zone.

Nate

---