Dave Solly

Default Caulking problem

"AAA" wrote in
:

"Dave Solly" wrote in message
I had my shower re-built in August. It's a walk-in shower with two
walls

of
tile and two wals with glass. Last week I noticed that the caulk
between the floor and the walls was "ozzing" out. The junction of the
walls also has caulking ozzing out down low. I called the people who
built the shower and they are coming out Saturday to re-caulk.

Anyone know what the problem might be? Could it be they used the
wrong

kind
of caulk? I don't know what they used.

Thanks.

Dave

are you sure it is caulking "oozing" out?
or is it tile mastic which is NOT recommended for wet (shower) walls?

or maybe they used regular caulking instead of bathroom silicone.

Yes, it is caulking. Maybe it isn't 100% silicone, but maybe laytex?