Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Plat Coordinates "(Typical)"?

On Sun, 25 Jun 2017 12:13:12 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On Sunday, June 25, 2017 at 12:11:57 PM UTC-5, Taxed and Spent wrote:
Are the patios on lot lines? I doubt it. If not, this is the surveyor
saying "I really don't care, since it is not defining a lot line".

The neighborhood covenants and plat are both on file with the County. The patio areas are known as "limited common areas," with maintenance responsibility belonging to the homeowner. The land outside the patios is known as "common areas," and these are to be maintained by the neighborhood association.

The Plat does show dimensions of each patio, to the nearest tenth of a foot. There is no "(typical)" recorded under these dimensions. Several patios actual dimensions are much larger than what the Plat shows.

Some disputes have arisen. This is because the Plats give one boundary but the reality on the ground is different. The association's general counsel has stated there are liability concerns. Like a slip and fall on a portion of one of the patios that per the plats, encroaches on common area. The attorney was emphatic that no homeowner's patio could be enlarged to encroach on the common area.

This might be one of those splitting hair situations, but I am just not sure, especially after hearing from the attorney.

Thank you, Taxed and Spent, trader_4, and gfre for your quick responses.

Sounds like a "condominium" development and it sounds like several
owners have contavened the bylaws and encroached on common areas. I'd
be wary. ( Like I wouldn't buy into the Condo development)