Posted to alt.home.repair

Default basement floor

On Sun, 25 Jun 2017 11:53:56 -0700 (PDT), leza wang
wrote:

Hi

The floor of my basement use to be covered by a carpet and underneath it a vinyl tiles. I removed both of them. I am not sure what the floor is made from. Not sure if it is cement of something else. My house was build in 1926.

I took a picture of this floor. you can see it here

http://tinypic.com/r/243nccm/9

My question, do you know from that pic which kind of floor is that (cement or something else). Also any recommendation how to keep it nice. Any material I can put it to clean it, make it better looking, shining etc. I had to remove both the carpet and vinyl because of the water.

Thanks a lotl.

Looks like concrete - the only way to make it look good is to cover
it with something. Likely too saft to grind and polish like terrazo.