Posted to alt.home.repair
Dan Espen[_3_] Dan Espen[_3_] is offline

Default basement floor

leza wang writes:

Hi

The floor of my basement use to be covered by a carpet and underneath
it a vinyl tiles. I removed both of them. I am not sure what the floor
is made from. Not sure if it is cement of something else. My house was
build in 1926.

I took a picture of this floor. you can see it here

http://tinypic.com/r/243nccm/9

My question, do you know from that pic which kind of floor is that
(cement or something else). Also any recommendation how to keep it
nice. Any material I can put it to clean it, make it better looking,
shining etc. I had to remove both the carpet and vinyl because of the
water.

???

What water.

If the floor periodically floods, you need to stop that before
you attempt to do anything to beautify the floor.

Yes, that is cement.

There are lots of ways to make it look good, it depends a lot
on what you want and want to spend:

https://www.concretenetwork.com/phot...rete-floors_1/

--
Dan Espen