Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Plat Coordinates "(Typical)"?

On Sunday, June 25, 2017 at 1:11:57 PM UTC-4, Taxed and Spent wrote:
On 6/25/2017 10:05 AM, wrote:
I am studying a surveyor's map of the neighborhood where I live. The map is on record at the County Clerk's and is known as "the Plat" for my neighborhood. For some of the patios, it notes coordinates for north (or south) and east (or west), relative to some point but clearly not latitude and longitude GPS coordinates. The Plat also gives dimensions of the patios, to the nearest tenth of a foot Written beneath the coordinate numbers is:

(typical)

What does "(typical)" mean in the world of surveying and plats?

Are the patios on lot lines? I doubt it. If not, this is the surveyor
saying "I really don't care, since it is not defining a lot line".

And that he didn't look at all the patios, measure them, and
that some could be larger or smaller. And if it matters to someone
then further investigation is warranted.