Bob Lang

Default filling radiator boiler

Nate Weber wrote:

You have something going on here. The fill valve and the expansion tank are
2 different items. Normal way to fill would be to pressurize the expansion
tank when the system is empty, open a vent, turn on the main supply then
raise the fast fill lever. When the system gets to about 10 psi, lower the
fast fill lever and allow it to finish.

Thanks for the reply, Nate. I follow you up to here. What is the
fast fill lever? Is that the lever on top of my pressure
regulator in the supply line? (Is that why it took so long to
fill the first time?) Also, when you say, 'open a vent,' what
vent do you mean?

BTW, I will have to be filling it up again (don't ask :-) , so if
I do have a fast fill lever, that will come in handy.

Thanks again for the reply.
-Bob