Information Technology

Default filling radiator boiler

Nate Weber wrote:
You have something going on here. The fill valve and the expansion tank are
2 different items. Normal way to fill would be to pressurize the expansion
tank when the system is empty, open a vent, turn on the main supply then
raise the fast fill lever. When the system gets to about 10 psi, lower the
fast fill lever and allow it to finish.

Thanks for the reply, Nate. I follow you up to here. What is the
fast fill lever? Is that the lever on top of my pressure
regulator? No wonder it was taking so long to fill :-) Also, when
you say 'open a vent,' what vent do you mean?

(I actually had to drain the thing again because I messed up on
installing the radiator valve -- which was why I did it in the
first place -- but I think I've got it beat now.)

Thanks again for the reply.

-Bob